Indian Army Officer Pay Scale And Allowances In 2019-2020
Indian Army Officer Pay Scale And Allowances In 2015-2016
Brief Introduction about Indian Army:
The Indian Army is the largest constituent of the Indian Armed Forces. The origin of the Indian Army can be traced back to the period when India was under colonial rule. The Indian Army was initially called the ‘British Indian Army’. With India becoming independent on 15th August, 1947, it was known as the ‘Indian Army’.
Why India Army:
Everybody is having Curiosity among people like us that how much an Indian Military Officer earns salary for his determined and hard job but for a true Soldier.
To Whom Indian Army Recruits:
Indian army is one of the best defense forces in the world. Every year Indian army recruits young unmarried men and women as officers frequently. Officer’s life is called a “Royal Life” In India and what make it royal are the ranks of the officers and the pay perks given to the army officers. Every officer gets different pay scale and grade pay on the basic of is rank and location posted. Read the whole article and make yourself aware of it.
==>You might also like: To Know The Indian Airforce Officer Pay Scale And Allowances In India. Follow Below Link.
Table to sun rise India Army Officers Salary:
|Grade Of Indian Army||Basic Pay Scale||Grade Pay Salary||Military Service Pay Salary|
|Lieutenant||15,600 – 39,100||5,400||6,000|
|Captain||15,600 – 39,100||5,700||6,000|
|Major||15,600 – 39,100||5,700||6,000|
|Lt. Col.||15,600 – 39,100||5,700||6,000|
|Col.||15,600 – 39,100||5,700||6,000|
|Brig.||15,600 – 39,100||5,700||6,000|
|Maj. Gen.||39,200 – 67,000||9,000||Nil|
|Let. Gen./equ||39,200 – 67,000||11,000||Nil|
Highlight About Officer Allowances in Indian Army:
- Indian Army Officers get a Starting Pay of 15,600 – 39,100 pm
- Indian Army Officers also get a grade pay of 5,600 pm
- Indian Army Officers also get a military service pay of 6,000 pm
- They get a small amount for Kit maintenance too, i.e. 400 pm
- There transport is almost free as they receive Transport allowance worth 1600 pm – 3200 pm
- While doing Field duty, they receive Field area allowance which is 25% of basic pay; i.e. 6700 pm
- For counter insurgency activities, they receive 6300 pm
- Indian Army Officers working on high altitudes gets an allowance of 5600 pm
- Those posted in Siachen, receive an allowance of 14,000 pm
- Flying allowances are 9,000 pm
- Those in Parachute regiments, receive 12,00 pm more allowance
- Special forces gets an extra Allowance of 9,000 pm
- Gallantry awards also comes with additional allowances
- There is Technical Pay too
- Life Long Pension for retired Soldiers
- Qualification Pay, which can be anything between 6,000 – 20,000 pm
- After every 3 years Indian Army Officers get outfit renewed allowances of 14,000
- Entitled Rations
- Indian Army Officers get an annual leave of 2 months and casual leave of 20 days
- Indian Army Officers get 50% concession on Air Travel
- They get the passes for free train travel once a year
- A completely free medical facility for self and family
- Housing in Clean Cantonments all over India
- Canteen facilities at a very low price.
- Big Insurance Covers
- Group Housing Schemes in Big and Metro cities.
- Loans on very Low interest.
- While doing Field duty, they get separate family accommodation.
- Enhancement of leave upto 300 days.
- Foreign Postings
Post Retirement Benefits For Indian Army:
- Pension at 50% of Last Pay Drawn.
- Insurance Cover.
- Resettlement Opportunities.
- Death cum Retirement Gratuity.
- Free Medical Treatment for self and Dependants.
- Canteen Facilities as Before.
- MBA Programmed for Retired Officers.
Finally how much cash in hand salaries of Indian Army Officers:
The first component of your monthly pay is called basic pay and it is the figure quoted in the above table as Pay Band/Scale. The day you are commissioned, you start getting the pay of a Lieutenant at the lowest (15600) every month for the next 12 months in a year. As you complete one year of service, you get an increment of about 1500 or so for the next 12 months. During your third year of service, you will get an additional 1500 or so and this carries on till you become a Lt Col. From the time you become Lieutenant Col, you start with either 37400 (lowest in that scale) or the increment from what you were earlier getting if it was already more.
In addition to this, it is the Grade Pay applicable to the rank that you are actually holding and the MSP. So, your starting pay would be 15600+5400+6000 = 27000 per month. Please wait that is not all ends here. There is something called Dearness Allowance and the current rates are at 106% and this roughly increases at the rate of 4% to 6% every six months. That means, you will get 106% of basic pay (a bit over 16000) every month as DA and so the total pay package is a bit over 43000 per month at start.
After All Calculation Indian Army Officers Gross Salary per Month:
|Lieutenant||15,600 – 39,100||5,400||6,000|
|Captain||15,600 – 39,100||6,100||6,000|
|Major||15,600 – 39,100||6,600||6,000|
|Lt. Col.||15,600 – 39,100||8,000||6,000|
|Col.||15,600 – 39,100||8,700||6,000|
|Brig.||15,600 – 39,100||8,900||6,000|
|Maj. Gen.||39,200 – 67,000||10,000||Nil|
|Let. Gen./equ||39,200 – 67,000||11,000||Nil|
- Lieutenant Indian Army Officer Salary Per Month: 64800 In Rupees
- Captain Indian Army Officer Salary Per Month: 66480 In Rupees
- Major Indian Army Officer Salary Per Month: 67680 In Rupees
- Col.Indian Army Officer Salary Per Month: 71040In Rupees
- Col. Indian Army Officer Salary Per Month: 72720 In Rupees
- Indian Army Officer Salary Per Month: 73200 In Rupees
- Gen. Indian Army Officer Salary Per Month: 118080 In Rupees
- Gen. Indian Army Officer Salary Per Month: 120480 In Rupees
- Vice Chiefs Indian Army Officer Salary Per Month: 192000 In Rupees
- Service Chiefs Indian Army Officer Salary Per Month: 216000 In Rupees
Note: Total salary Per Month In Hand: (Basic Pay Scale+ Grade Pay Salary+ Military Service Pay Salary) Multiplied By 2.4
Wait Wait Apart from it:
Indian Army Allowances Officers Apart from Total Salary Per Month:
|Allowances||To Whom Applicable||Rates|
|Hard Area Allowance||Officers Posted in Hard Area||6750/- PM (25% of Basic Pay|
|High Altitude/Uncongenial Climate Siachen||Officers Posted in High Altitude/Uncongenial Climate Officers Posted in Siachen||11200/-14000/-PM|
|Highly active Field Area Allowance Field Area Allowance Modified Field Area Allowance||Officer Posted at Highly Active Field Area Officer Posted at Field Area Officer Posted at Modified Field Area||6780/-PM4200/-PM1600/-PM|
|Flying PayParachute Pay||Officers Posted as Army Aviators Officers Posted in Active Parachute BNs/Regt||9000/-PM1200/-PM|
|Special Forces Allowance||Officers posted in Special Forces||9000/- PM|
|Transport Allowance||All Indian Army Officers||Rs. 3200/-+DA PM in A1/A cities and Rs 1600/-+DA PM at other places|
|House Rent Allowance||To Officers not provided Govt. Accommodation||10-30% of Basic Pay (Pay Band + Grade Pay + MSP)|
|Kit Maint Allowance||All Indian Army Officers||400/- PM|
|Uniform Allowance (Outfit Allowance)||All Indian Army Officers||Initial 14000/- and 3000/- every Three Years|
|Qualification Pay/Grant for Service Courses||All Indian Army Officers undergoing specified courses||Rs. 6000/- to 20000/-|
|Instructional Allowance||All Indian Army Officers Posted as Instructors Officers Posted in Siachen||1800/-|
Content on the page is just for your information, not for any kind of advice given by TopRanker4U.com. So this website does not take any kind of responsibility regarding the content. If you feel that provided content is not correct, Please Report an Error , we will correct it manually. Article updated on this website are to find the top ranker in your city/area in various sector. We do data analytics based on reviews, ratings, poll, survey got from various sources and provide automated ranking for Schools, Colleges, Hospitals, Doctors, Hotels, and Restaurants etc. A lot of users spent so much time to find best one by reading reviews and ratings from various website to come on conclusion. We hope that our data analytics will help you to take your decision better. Yes, there are a lot of efforts involved to bring these analyzed data. If you really feel that this data is going to help you to make your decision better and save your time then you can support us by Donating as per your wish. Your support is very much required for us to sustain and provide unbiased ranking.
==>Subscribe Our Channel On YouTube To Get Top 10 Ranker In Your City:
==>Like Us On Facebook To Get Latest Update:
Top Ranker Topics Wise
Top Jobs In India
Top Training Institutes In India
Top Colleges In India
Top Schools In India
Top Coaching Classes In India
Top Developers Builders In India
Top Tours And Travels For Domestic/International Tour Packages, Hotels, Taxi Hire , Bus Hire In India
Top Restaurants Dhaba Pubs Bars In India
Top Insurance Loans Companies In India
Top Hospitals In India
Top Doctors In India
Top Pathology Labs In India
Top Ranker City Wise
Mumbai | Delhi-NCR | Bangalore | Chennai | Hyderabad | Ahmedabad | Surat | Kolkata | Pune | Jaipur | Lucknow | Kanpur | Nagpur | Visakhapatnam | Indore | Patna | Bhopal | Vadodara | Ghaziabad | Ludhiana | Coimbatore | Madurai | Nashik | Faridabad | Meerut | Rajkot | Varanasi | Chandigarh | Srinagar | Aurangabad-Maharashtra | Dhanbad | Amritsar | Allahabad | Ranchi | Howrah | Jabalpur | Gwalior | Vijayawada | Jodhpur | Raipur-Chhattisgarh | Kota-Rajasthan | Guwahati | Thiruvananthapuram | Solapur | Tiruchirappalli | Bareilly | Moradabad | Mysore | Tirupur | Gurgaon | Aligarh | Jalandhar | Bhubaneshwar | Salem | Warangal | Guntur | Bhiwandi | Saharanpur | Gorakhpur | Bikaner | Amravati | Jamshedpur | Bhilai | Cuttack | Firozabad | Kochi | Bhavnagar | Dehradun | Durgapur | Asansol | Nanded | Kolhapur | Ajmer | Gulbarga | Jamnagar | Ujjain | Siliguri | Jhansi | Jammu | Nellore |